S&S Electric Himalayan Salt Lamp Care Guide


 Available in several shapes and sizes and emitting beautiful, rich colours, a Himalayan Salt Lamp not only looks warm and welcoming, it has beneficial health properties.

 Did you know that a Himalayan Salt Lamp in your home or office naturally improves your indoor air quality by creating healthy negative ions?

 It does this by drawing water molecules from the air to the surface of the salt lamp, (known as *hygroscopy) and as the lamp is warmed by the globe, a gentle chemical reaction takes place. Healthy negative ions are then released into the air, counteracting the positive ions from electrical equipment around the home and office. The air is purified which means airborne bacteria, mould, viruses and allergens as well as respiratory irritants and asthma triggers cannot survive in the negatively charged environment.

 

The beautiful glow from our Rock Salt Lamps will bring a tranquil ambience to your home. Rock Salt lamps are best placed near televisions and computers, around smokers, in offices with air-conditioning, in fact anywhere you want to restore or preserve the natural air quality.

 Each Rock Salt Lamp is unique and hand carved using salt extracted from the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains. Imagine having a Rock Salt lamp in your home that was ‘manufactured’ by Mother Nature over 200,000 years ago!

 Due to the hygroscopic properties of salt (absorb moisture from the air), Himalayan salt lamps and rock salt candle holders are best not used in damp rooms, outdoors, in humid conditions, near evaporative cooling, or be allowed to get wet.

 Lamp Care

  • To clean, switch lamp off and wipe with a slightly damp sponge
  • Leave lamp on wherever possible as the heat from the light bulb will prevent the lamp absorbing moisture
  • If lamp gets wet leave in strong sunlight for 4 to 5 hours and brush off any excess crystals
  • When not in use for long periods, store in a plastic bag to help prevent the lamp absorbing moisture
  • In humid conditions we recommend placing your lamp onto a small tray or dish in the rare case they may pool water